20 North Shore Middle School students participated in the final round of the Long Island Math Fair on Friday, April 20th, competing against several hundred students from all over Long Island. The North Shore students dominated the competition.
Congratulations goes out to the Gold Medal Winners including: Sara Abbondondolo, Cathryn Casatuta, Pamela Otis,Samuel Szemerenyi, Diana Vizza, Stephanie Zelenetz, Jillian Ciotoli, Alex Drivas, Liam Kiggins, Haley Lerner, Sarah Leventhal, Caroline Lucas, Jacqueline Thoet, and Rajan Vohra.
Congratulations also goes out to the Silver Medal Winners including: Gabrielle Farb, Julia Reilly, Sabrina Zaffiro, Victoria Fabiilli, Clare Lewis, and Nicholas Rubertone.
The following lists statistics that demonstrate how well our North Shore Middle School students performed this year at the Long Island Math Fair:
- 14 North Shore students received gold medals, signifying that North Shore students received 70% of the gold medals awarded.
- 6 North Shore students received silver medals, meaning that North Shore students received 30% of the silver medals.
- 0 North Shore students received bronze medals. ALL received silver or gold.
Other interesting statistics:
- Only 15% of participants receive gold medals.
- Only 20% of participants receive silver medals.
- And 65% of participants receive bronze medals.
Principal Dr. Marc Ferris said, “As you can see from these statistics, North Shore students completely dominated the Long Island Math fair, beating the odds by a landslide. I would like to congratulate our Math Fair participants and Math Fair Advisor Mrs. Horton for our fine showing at the Long Island Math Fair. We are so proud of them!”
Photos by Shelly Newman